The Solatube Daylighting Systems are designed to properly collect the sun’s rays and deliver the natural light they produce into your house. The result is a space that is brighter, more colorful, and does not cost anything to light since installation can often be completed in about two hours and does not need any structural adjustments.
A solar tube is a piece of reflecting material shaped like a tube. This reflective substance absorbs sunlight and reflects it onto the inside surfaces of the tube, creating an artificial light source. After passing through several different surfaces, the light will eventually reach the inside of your house, where it will shine through an acrylic dome installed in the ceiling.
How does the Solatube system work?
A specifically constructed rooftop dome that incorporates our in-house developed Technology is responsible for the collection of sunshine from sunrise to sunset.
The dome is designed to absorb sunlight from any direction. Selectively harness just the wavelength of bright, visible light while simultaneously filtering out undesired heat and ultraviolet radiation, all leading to fading and damage. The sunshine is then redirected via our highly reflecting Spectra light Infinity Tubing and brought to you in areas where it was previously impossible to get sunlight, such as indoor restrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens.
Solatube® Daylighting Systems make these areas brighter, providing you with the additional light you need to see more clearly, get more done, and generally improve the quality of your life. The Solatube® it’s the most brilliant invention along since the sun itself.
How long does the process of Solatube Installation take?
(The use of materials or procedures that are not allowed by Solatube will result in the guarantee being void.) Give yourself at least two hours to complete the installation, especially if this is your first time doing it. The installation of a Solatube® skylight is a breeze, as well as quick and clean. In contrast to conventional skylights, installing one of them does not need any structural reframing, digging, dry walling, or painting.
Several Advantages of Utilizing the Solatube® Daylighting System:
- spaces that are brighter, more colorful, and do not incur any additional lighting costs
- The significant cutback in energy use results in cost savings on electricity bills.
- Purchase and installation costs are lower than those associated with a conventional skylight.
- Installation that may be completed in as little as two hours!
- The structure of your house does not need to be altered in any way for the installation to take place (Unlike traditional skylights)
- There is no need to get permission for the installation.
- A solution that is green and sustainable.
- Leak-proof design
- Boosts the resale value of your property.
- Can provide purchasers with an energy tax reduction, and there is the possibility of a federal tax credit
- Different diffusers allow homeowners to direct the light’s path into their rooms.
- There are available add-ons for dimming, additional light after dark, ventilation, and other purposes.
The Technology Behind a Daylighting System Using Solatube®:
One of the most technologically sophisticated and innovative daylighting solutions today is the Solatube® Daylighting System.
It utilizes ground-breaking technology, design, and materials to flood any indoor area with an abundance of natural light that is unadulterated and crystal clear.
Solar light tubes are an effective method to illuminate any area in your home since they have reflecting features that enable them to use natural sunshine. This makes them suitable for use in the laundry room, the bathroom, or the hallway.
Maintenance and Watertightness:
Free Solatube® is designed to be compatible with a wide variety of roofing materials, including the following:
It is virtually impossible for leaks to occur due to the solar tube’s seamless, one-piece steel construction, which eliminates the possibility of leaks. Additionally, the circular design of the solar tube allows rain and debris to bypass the rooftop dome, making it both leak-proof and virtually maintenance-free.
How a Solatube® Daylighting System helps the environment at home:
- Having a Solatube® enables you to turn off the lights and save money on your power bill throughout the day.
- You should expect to see significant savings on your monthly energy expenditures (By relying more on solar-powered light, you consume less electric power)
- The pollution in the environment may be reduced by increasing the use of solar energy and decreasing the amount of electric energy used.
- Because Solatube® windows have earned the Energy Star rating, they let almost little heat or ultraviolet light into the home. If you place a high value on being environmentally conscientious, then starting here is a fantastic way to get started without breaking the wallet.
How Solatube skylight work:
Solatube skylights are designed with a solar panel that can gather energy from the sun throughout the day and converts it into usable energy that can then be used to power the skylight. The power allows for a variety of operations to be carried out, including the opening and shutting of the skylight as well as the operation of automated sensors.
The illume panel is estimated to have a lifespan of roughly 15 years, while the solar collector may have a lifespan that is somewhat longer, up to approximately 20 years. An illuminating skylight will give you many years’ worth of illumination.
You’ll save both time and money:
Due to the age of the skylights and the work that the roofing team is doing, it is conceivable that they will become a little less tight. During the re-roofing process, replace them so you may prevent more expensive difficulties in the future.